Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome to the Plies show...starring Plies. 2009 Birthday Bash Rehash!

Plies putting a stamp on the city of Atlanta
Some women find him very sessi (that being said pray HARD to Jesus tonight there there are no lil new Plies in the making from Bday Bash wknd!
Do it!
Nikki Minaj and Gucci




View Birthday Bash video above

Birthday bash started out with a bang for some…literally. Gun shots fired outside of the Phillips Arena in pure large party fashion as people continued to pile in and pack the vast arena. Recession? "You’s a lie" because there wasn’t an empty seat in the house. So here goes, Birthday Bash 2009 who was there, the good, the bad and the say what?!!

Who:
Jerimih, Young Dro, Young LA, Shop Boys, Hurricane Chris, Sean Garrett, Plies, Fabulous, Young Jezzy, Mary J Blige, Trey Songz, Gorilla Zoe, Nikki Minaj, Pleasure P, O.J. Da Juice Man (name to doggon long!) Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, Bow Wow, Soulja Boy, Players Circle, Weezy and more.

Good:
Trey Songz, Gorilla Zoe, Plies took over the stage (and I’m not even a fan), Weezy showed, MJB got on stage

Bad:
*O.J. the Juiceman’s set was way too long. I almost thought it was the O.J. show…
*Radio One said no media this year due to “legal reasons” and that only MTV could cover the event and get exclusives. I think I broke that rule just a teeny tiny but much more could have been done with the access I had last year.
*The show didn’t end until half past midnight.

Super Bad (added this because my pain is real):
I lost my new favorite ring. POOOO! :(


Say What a.k.a. Whachu Talking Bout Willis:
*So tell me why did Jeezy bring his surprise guest out, Mary J. Blige who we LOVE but didn’t have her sing a song, or even a hook? Who da who??!!

*Rioters, Picketers were outside the arena marching along not so merily with signs ranging from women’s rights all the way to Iran. Now large crowds are a great way to get attention and this would have been good for the “Rainbow People” (do gooders, Peta types, rioters) if it were any other place but birthday bash. I mean Birthday Bash? Did the Rainbows not do their research to know who would be there? There were more people holding up Plies and Rick Ross promotion signs for the ancy kids attending the concert to much care. There were some worthy causes being stood for in that hot sun so I sure hope the rioters efforts weren’t wasted any more than trying to teach a new born to do Halle Berry…I’m just sayin’…

Final Verdict:
Birthday Bash 2008 was much better. Better performances, better access for media and I miss T.I.

Watch the Video above for Birthday Bash EXCLUSIVE footage of Plies, Hurricane Chris, Sean Garrett & more…

Thanks to Dennis Byron (pictures & video capture) for his help and for capturing the “unlawful”. LOL!

Miesha
Social Addict
www.SocialAddiction.net
http://twitter.com/SocialAddiction (Follow me)
Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..