Friday, February 8, 2008

"A Raisin in the Sun" premiere comes to Atlanta's Woodruff Arts Center


McDonald, Stamos, Combs, Rashad, and Lathan (dang she looks...amaaaaaaaazing!) at The Sundance Film Fesitval in Utah last month

First Sundance, now Atlanta?? Maybe Atlanta is becoming as fabulous as my eyes are telling me it is!

Kenny Leon, the director of the 2004, Tony Award-Winning Broadway production of, “A Raisin in the Sun” is bringing his version of the play and now tv film to Atlanta's Woodruff Arts Center as a red carpet event, Monday, February 11th for a pre-viewing!

Leon took Lorraine Hansberry's classic and put his own spin on it by casting some of today's familiar faces in black Hollywood like: Sanaa Lathan, Audra McDonald (Tony actress winning for her role), Phylicia Rashad (Tony actress winning for her role), John Stamos and Sean “Diddy” Combs. Word is that for now actors from the play that are confirmed as coming are: Audra McDonald, Bill Nunn, David Oyelowo and young actor Justin Martin, who portrays grandson Travis in the telefilm. Leon has put it out there for the other cast members to come however I'm sure with the Grammys placed for this Sunday, stars such as Diddy won't be coming through to Atlanta for the event.

Youngster, Justin Martin

If you don't already have tickets for this incredible night, most likely you won't get any at this point. The good news is you can still catch the 3 hour televsion event on ABC on the 25th of this month.

I will make sure to get great pictures for you all as I will be attending. I look forward to sharing the glamourous details for all of you!

Miesha
The Juice ReportER (i don't like grapes...but i looooooooove me some raisins! poe me summa dat raisin juice pleeeeeeease mom!)
http://www.findentertainmentnow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..