Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The 12 Centennial Park, Atlanta, GA- Hotel Review

12 Centennial Park
400 West Peachtree
Atlanta, Georgia 30308
Phone: 404.961.8888
Fax: 404.961.8889
http://www.twelvecentennialpark.com/
I expected alot. I am a woman of high expectations especially if you build me up to think that I am going to be pleasantly surprised. So when I knew that I would be staying in a 2 room suite at the 12 Hotel/Condo Centennial in Atlanta for a girlfriend's 30th birthday celebration I was psyched.

I had been to this hotel/condo 3 weeks before for an interview with an actor from a funny and popular local TV show that lives in one of the condos. The condos are on one side and the hotel on another. So the only place I'd seen was the condo, hotel lobby and the restaurant called Room. I had dinner there with my crew after the interview.
We arrived, met our friend and exchanged giggles and greetings as we headed up to our party quarters for our semi-weekend of fun. The 8 of us (and oh yall we were oh so cute!) had dinner plans, club plans, just chilling in the room plans and a surprise 30 minute massage (compliments of the birthday girl...yes she is da bomb yall and it was all her treat. The massage contact info will be below...he was magnificent!) for all of her friends that came to celebrate her special day.

As soon as I walked in I dropped my bags and knew I was home. I didn't feel like it was too prissy where I could not relax with my toes out, yet it was beautiful enough to where I didn't want to eat cookies (thanks to Blessing for baking them for us!!) in the bed.

The two room suite was spacious and colorful but in a muted way. You know warm browns, bright and silky blues. The beds were dressed in all their party splendor in the finest of linens and the televisions were on playing this new world wordless type music as it flashed psychedelic mind trippy images across its monitor.

Need to check your email? There is a desk smartly pressed against the wall with a computer. High speed baby.
And yes it was very roomy. We had our massage man, Nathan come in with his table and equipment Sunday morning before check out and there was still enough room for people to walk around the living quarters. Additionally the bedrooms and bathrooms were big and not over crowded. In fact the hotel is nicer than the condos. I'd rather buy a hotel suite instead!
Highlights-
*HUGE and well decorated suite! I could totally live there. And it should have that effect for $350 a night!
*We were on the 11th floor and the view was amazing! Not breathtaking but yes amazing!
*Great security! If your purse gets stolen It's gotta be an illusion because you have to have a card to access the floors. At any time you are not able to just push any button on the elevator to enter another floor besides your own.
*Fabulous gym on the 7th floor, complete with state of the art treadmills, yoga mats, yoga balls (and lots of space to do it), mirrors, music and televisions that lead out to a spectacular outdoor pool and deck. There is a grille that surrounds the pool area so it would be a perfect spot for friends to gather for an awesome pool party in the summer.
*3 large flat screen TVs, cable and DVD player complete in the two room suite.
Low-lights-
*Room service tends to take a little longer to arrive when requested. Plus the food they have is too high priced and not enough for what you are paying. One of my friends ordered a steak salad and I promise it came with like 3 pieces of lettuce...she payed $16 bucks!
*The staff is very stoic.
*$22 dollars to park A DAY in the hotel parking garage! I suggest you find alternate parking.
*If you are a little ghetto...they will be watching you...not in a good way either. I'm not speaking about me being ghetto though...uhhhh...it's this friend I know.

Treats-
*The hotel has an upscale restaurant called, ROOM and I've got to say they've got the best sushi and rolls on that side of Midtown Atlanta. Oh and lots of the sushi is a great price.
*The hotel suites come stocked with several robes that you can use during your stay.
*The bathrooms are magnificent. The showers are large, glass and look like a dream. If you are planning a honeymoon may i suggest this hotel just for the boom boom room effect that the bathrooms bring to the suite. Seriously you don't even want to go to the restroom in these. But you do...get over that quickly.

Bummer-
*You can't keep the robes. Even though you pay $$$$$$$$$ to stay in the high faluten suite...the robe is NOT a souvenir.
*They don't do anything special for birthdays! It was my friend's 30th bday extravaganza and with the hotels full knowledge they simply left a thank you for staying hotel card, hope you have a nice bday deal. Nothing else.
*The shower water ranges between luke warm and cold (not to mention the water pressure was mediocre). It never really got hot and the staff claimed there was nothing they could do about it. Sad.
*There are not many restaurants in close proximity or walking distance. The ones that are near are pricey and sometimes a girl just wants a damn $8 dollar burger and fries not $25 roast duck...okay! So yes stock the fridge if you want to save a little green...but hey that's more reason to stay in for the night. p.s. DON'T get delivery from the Papa John's on State Street damn-it! They jacked up our order and then never showed up!

On the Average-
*The furniture in the room like lots of classy hotels was nice, very nice in fact but not so different than many of the nice hotels in Metro Atlanta. Now if you want furniture and decor that is out of this world...try the W hotel in Dunwoody. That lobby is a dream.

In a word...WONDERFUL. That is how I would describe my stay at the 12 Hotel/Condo Atlanta. I had a grand time and seeing that I was with incredible friends it made my stay that much sweeter. There is another 12 Hotel/Condo in Atlantic station but I've heard terrible things about it like the hallways smell, it's dirty, the staff is rude. Even the managers at the Atlantic Station 12 suggest that people come to the Centennial Park 12 if they'd like a proper stay. I'm glad I stayed in the right one or my review may have been very different.

Shout out again to master therapist Nathan at Untouchable Massage. Now don't go stalking him ladies...here is his info as I promised:
Untouchable Massage Mobile Space Services
Nathan Phillips (15+ years experience)
P.O. Box 2011
Tucker, GA 30084
404-342-6791
770-912-4500
untochablemassage@yahoo.com

miesha

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Maven you hit it on the head! Great review on the Twelve!! I must say the stay there was quite nice and I can't wait to do a repeat for the summer. Hopefully by then they would have done some tweeking in the kitchen and staff. Big shot out to my Girl Katina for throwing an incredible 30th b-day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going for New Years! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very high priced but i might check it out one time next year. Sounds fly. Why is the staff so dull though? I wanna know that. Maybe they gotta be...be easy on 'em.

    ReplyDelete

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..