Friday, May 2, 2008

TBoz & Blaque inspire the youth at Annie Hoffman's, "Life Lessons with the Stars"/Blaque tells us about their new album & reality show!

Blaque, TBoz (Tionne Watkins), and some pre-teen girls from the event
On Panel: Blaque, TBoz, and Annie Hoffman

Blaque (Brandy, Shamari, & Natina)
Nikky Jamz (HotLanta)
Having a conversation with Nikky Jamz (HotLanta)
Producer 88, and Marni (new artist)

Watching people teach children with a pure heart of love is such a serotonin builder for me. And I have always had a heart for getting a message across to young girls that they are beautiful, should be confident, and fight against certain drug, and sexual peer pressures that other kids, and media puts on them at such an early age. So when Akbar Cojoe (Producer, Manager) told me about Annie Hoffman's event featuring TBoz (TLC member, producer, clothing store owner of Chase in TX) & Blaque at the Marietta Boys and Girls club this past Tuesday I was more than delighted to attend.

I walked into a mid sized room in the Marietta center to the view of Natina Reed (she had a sinus cold but that didn't stop her from showing up for the kids) doing karate chops. I knew then it was going to be not only educational but a good time. Once the event started the room was packed! About 100+ young girls were in attendance and had a chance to ask questions in between hearing Tionne (TBoz), Natina, Shamari, and Brandy (Blaque) speak about their childhood battles, experiences, a few mistakes and growth. The ladies were full of grace, humor and very real with the kids. They made it very comfortable for the kids to talk to them and even get pictures and autographs later.

If you receive these posts via email or feed log onto: http://www.findentertainmentnow.blogspot.com/ to view this video. Thanks!

I was surprised to see Nikky Jamz, a.k.a. HotLanta from Flava of Love 3 walk in the door to support the event. The girls of course went crazy when they saw her because she's on tv in real time. I'm not so sure how I feel about young girls watching Flava of Love but that's up to the parents. Anyhow I had a chance to speak with Nikky after the event and found her to be really cool and pleasant. While I don't watch the show every week, on the episodes that I did catch, I liked Nikky over everyone else. She seemed honest, and like she wanted to find love. I know that she was hated on by the competition in the house and that hate eventually drove her out, but I'm glad. Ending up with Flava Flav is NOT the business. Being with an old man who gets freaky with a house full of wanna be famous girls (there are a couple that are real though) just to maybe find one, is not the kind of guy you wanna build a future with. No no boo boo. Although I really don't think Flav means any harm, and deep down really has a caring heart, it's just the principal. But he is funny and makes for very interesting tv! Hello!

On the show I was glad that Nikky felt so strongly about having a man in her life that would defend her honor. Reality show or not, that's very important so I could feel her on that. Talking to Nikky I found out that she has a modeling company out, and a clothing line. You can hear more in the above video and log onto: www.myspace.com/nikkyjamz to see what else she has going on. She's on the move!! A way to let go of some old business and pick up the new girl!

Much success to Blaque's new album and show (produced by Akbar Cojoe and TBoz)! I'm so excited about these ladies coming out with their new album. Natina promises me that it will be the best one yet. FYI- Brandy is soon getting married. And also Shamari (married to Ronnie Devoe) owns a day spa in Austell, Georgia that gives 1 hour full body massages for $39! Seriously. I'm going in a week, so excited! You can check her gig out too!:
Zen Massage Center
AUSTELL PROMENADE
770.222.9200
2860 East-West Connector Suite 105 (Beside Starbucks - East of Powder Springs Rd.)
Austell, GA
www.zenmassageusa.com

Thank you to Mrs.Annie Hoffman who gave me a call before the event to share with me a little more about her extensive reporting background and how she came to do these types of events. She's a role model, an inspiration and has a unique way of making the person she is talking to feel you may be kindred spirits. I appreciate the invite and look forward to seeing you soon.

Thank you to Akbar Cojoe for introducing me to Annie and for everything really!

Shout out to producer 88! This is the man for your hot beats. He is also working on Blaque's album.

Shout out to Marni (Chilli's sister) a new female singer (currently signed to Dallas Austin's label) on the rise managed by Akbar Cojoe. I Her single with drop late Spring/early Summer and I look forward to our interview.

Miesha
The Juice ReportER
www.FindEntertainmentNow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..