Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Jay-Z severs his ties with Def Jam


Jay-Z resigns. This was predicted. I LOVE and respect J, lyrics tight, smart, savvy, but i think it's time for him to step down and stick to the more business side of thangs. You know the more grown n sexy junk that goes on behind the scenes. The stuff where he has to get tailored for a new Gucci suit. He's got several business ventures and was still at the top of the hip hop list of money makers for 2006 so he'll be fine. His last two albums haven't performed at their best sales wise. And he's kinda starting to be an old head and that's cool...but not cool for rap.

“It’s time for me to take on new challenges...” Jay-Z said in a statement.

Oh well.

Merry Christmas again folks!!! Save me some yams and greens. :)

Miesha

1 comment:

  1. Do yo thang Jay! I truly think that people can outgrow places in their life and at this point Jay has outgrown his time at Def Jam. I look forward to see what's to come!

    ReplyDelete

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..