Thursday, December 20, 2007

You to can choose your mate on a reality TV show!!!: A Shot at Love and I Love New York



What do you get when u combine a loud mouthed myspace cyber vixen with a weaved up controlling crybaby? A reality television networks dream come true, sky rocket ratings!!

Take two plastic girls, make sure these girls have some sort of feverish following fan base or controversial edge, convince them that they are looking for love, then convince them that they should do it on a popular television network tv show, then give them a house to live in, the give them an audience...and you got MTV's, "A Shot at Love" and VH1's, "I Love New York" staring Tila Tequila (Nguyen) and Tiffany "New York" Pollard. Good thing that MTV and VH1 are really ran by the same company these days so they don't have to stay in constant competition with programming and time slots. Look now every little dirty "reality" show can have high ratings! Wooo hooo!

Okay so since I'm NOT a hypocrite or a liar I have to admit I watched both shows...not Tila's show regularly from the beginning but New York's...YES! And I too was ensnared by the drama that unfolded before my wide brown eyes of these two wacky women putting themselves out there in front of millions of other brown eyes, and blue eyes, and probably grey, black, hazel, and green too!

I was not disappointed that New York did not choose "Punk". Well I kinda was for him at least since he seemed to really dig her and be sincere. However I didn't like how Punk acted like a Punk with her and started to resort to tattle telling when his confidence became shaky. But I don't feel sorry for him now...you can see him on myspace, youtube, and even a few entertainment industry parties running around like a lost soul trying to fit into the seedy world of HollyWeird all of the sudden. Pretty dumb.

I knew Tiffany wouldn't choose Buddha. But Buddha's (too cocky) presence on the show created the great debate and a juicy challenge for the queen of the mouth. In the end she knew this man and her would bump heads like no other. He played games and drove her crazy in too many ways so she went with the safe bet. The one that would adore her...which is what most women need. She chose Tailor Made. Not a man for me...he's a little too weasely and scrawny however "love" sees past that. Plus New York saw that bank account and money sounds like love in this culture!

In "A Shot at Love" at first I was convinced that Brandy would win Tila's heart. I liked the girl. And I don't even like girls like that. For real yall...don't play. Then when Brandy had her suspicious meltdown I thought okay maybe Dani. But then after the tall blonde thing left....uh Amanda. I knew it would be Bobby. Remember that kiss they shared on their "last date" after he gave her that sweet gift??!! Hello! Dani was cool and all but maybe a little too cool. She would be a good friend for Tila but not a lover. But Bobby...that boy adored her! There's that "adore" word again. And Tila coming from a background where she has always craved love needed that adoration that Bobby could give her. Bobby's charm was in his simple innocence and lack of know how that totally appealed to Tila who is the opposite. I just hope he can handle her fame and strong sexuality. We'll see. But I did almost shed a tear at the end because Dani was so sad, Bobby was so speechless and Tila was too happy to find a guy who liked her for her. Plus I think deep down she rather a guy's hand to hold than a chicks. I agree. Pretty sweet. Oh an ode to reality TV!

Miesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..