Friday, October 19, 2007

The girl can get around: Amy Winehouse busted and then released after Norway pot incident


This girl better stop messing with her money (and her health and freedom) like this by not making show dates and getting busted by the cops. And this husband guy is SO not helping. Dang. I know, I know they say that "everybody" smokes pot in the Hip Hop and Rock industry but if "everybody" jumped off of a bridge would you do it too? Didn't your mothers ever teach yall rock stars ANYthing??!!

News from Billboard.com
Amy Winehouse was arrested in Norway for marijuana possession and held overnight, an Oslo police official said today (Oct. 19).

Winehouse, her husband Blake Fielder-Civil and a third person were released at around 7:00 a.m. today after paying $715 in fines, Prosecutor Lars Morten Lothe said.

The trio was arrested shortly after 6 p.m. at a hotel in Bergen in southwestern Norway, where Winehouse is on a European tour, after a tip to police. "They were found with seven grams (about 1/4-ounce) of marijuana," Lothe said. "She's paid the fine, so this thing is over for us now."

Winehouse was to perform in Oslo tonight, before heading to the Netherlands on Monday.
End news from Billboard.com
She's a great singer, great set of pipes. But I hope she trades in the pipes to save the ones in her throat. I wonder does marijuana (non medical my friends) use ruin the vocal chords after sustained use? I wonder...get at me with that one. An inquiring mind wants to know.

miesha

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..