Friday, October 26, 2007

It's raining purple...To the BEST film soundtrack- EVER!

"I only want to see you laughing in the Purple Rain...purple rain...purple rain!!!" Man that song made me cry even though my husband Prince said, "I didn't want to make you cry" very clearly in his 1984 Lyrics to the song title that's dubbed on what is now known as the best film soundtrack of all time, Purple Rain.

Vanity Fair has just dubbed the Purple one with that title and called the album soundtrack, "...a flawless soundtrack of funk, R&B, pop, metal and even psychodelia into a sound that defined the 80's" Hmmm...very well put editors at VF! To me that album wasn't just a soundtrack but a movement, an emotion, a piece of history that will never die nor get old (just like it's artist). It has reached the iconic level the older it gets in age as fine wine does. The album is graceful much like it's genius, raw emotion creator, Prince. His heart and his life was on that album and many other hearts were touched at his sentiment. Gotta love the first prince of pop.

Some of my Prince favorites (not in any specific order):

1. Purple Rain
2. Money don't matter tonight (certainly in the top 4, it was so deep.)
3. Diamonds and Pearls (me and one of my lil boyfriend's love song from the 8th grade yall. Yeah...real smooth.)
4. If I was your girlfriend
5. Darling Nikki (bad bad but good good! My parents wouldn't even let me listen to this when I was a lad!)
6. Kiss ("..aint no particular sign i'm more compatible with...i just want your extra time in your KISS!")
7. I would die for you
8. Take me with you
9. Little Red Corvette
10. When doves cry (Who could forget this hit cult classic!)
miesha

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!! That's all I have to say! Did I ever cry and still do when I hear Purple Rain! Prince, you make a sista wanna pass out! This record right here (Kat Williams) is by far one of the best albums recorded in Prince lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..