Friday, September 14, 2007

T.I. is still KING with 9 BET Hip Hop Award nominations!

T.I. reppin' at an MTV Award event
Drama, Dro, and TIP, the Grand Hustle Boyz...dang why does the little white boy look mad on the right back corner??
The king of the south is not ready to relinquish his thrown yet and it'll be a while before he will. BET announces that the man with more swagger than a group of men combined, is on top of the ceremony with 9 nominations at this time! If you haven't heard the album you must be an alien. Listen to track number 6 and 7, some favorites, "Watch what you say to me" with Jay-Z and "Hurt" with Alpamega and Busta.
The second Annual BET Hip Hop Music Awards held in Atlanta last year and this year could possibly be another grounds for the little giant to gain more respect for his lyrical prowess. Last year's awards gave him 8 nominations and boasts three wins for the Atlanta rapper.
Other nominations go to Lil' Wayne with seven, Kanye West drawing six, Common earning five, Jay-Z taking four, and Ludacris and 50 Cent getting three each. But yes T.I. or TIP depending on how you really know him, is at the top! The man is everywhere. The "prophet" (because he said he'd been king) is still on fire.
Honoree for the night is Mr. Hip Hop himself KRS-One. He will be honored with the "I am Hip-Hop" icon award. KRS-One is known for his politically and socially conscious raps. (info taken from EURweb.com)
Performances are expected by, Nelly, Lil' Wayne, Kanye West and Common with the incredible and respected comedian Katt Williams as the the host. That makes two time for Williams being that he hosted last year. I hope they let him be a little more expressive and funny this year dang it! Anyway tune into the BET Hip Hop Awards airing on October 17
NOTE: Well did you see the difference in the photos above? The first picture is of T.I., the celebrity, the one who has to smile in front of the camera, the one who wears the suit and shucks and jives with other celebs of his like caliber. The second picture is of TIP, born and raised, from the streets, chillin' wit his boys, laid back but will tell you about yourself if you step the wrong way. I like them both and I can understand both personalities. I prefer the man he really is however because Hollywood has a way of turning the real people out there into something artificial. I'm glad he made his new album to brilliantly describe that real struggle between the Jekyll and the Hyde. Which one is Jekyll and which one is Hyde depends on who you are and how you look at him. Most importantly how he looks at himself. But maybe he'd say he is neither and undefinable. He is very cool in person from my experiences so I'll take that. He's earned it.

4 comments:

  1. YES, YES, YES..... BIG THINGS POPPIN in the ATL for T.I. He is truly the king of the south. He is definitely on top of his game and he continues to deliver album after album. "DO IT, DO IT"

    ReplyDelete
  2. T.I. is Dr. Jeklyl always because he's like a genious! That's why he's border line insane! Love this guy, his music, his moods, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But he's mine! He better win at least 5 awards this year yall. I aint playin either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love Tip...king or kang of the south.

    ReplyDelete

That's what I have to say. So what do YOU think? I thrive on conversation and insight. Agree or disagree or digress and leave a comment and express thyself..